What are the qualities of a team player?
They are the qualities that help you to work better with others and make sure that your team is more efficient. A team player is someone who can collaborate with others, be flexible and understand how to work well with people from different backgrounds and perspectives.
Team players are the ones that will make you a successful employee in any company.
If you want to be a successful member of a team, it's important to cultivate several key qualities. As outlined by Indeed in the article, 6 Qualities That Make a Great Team Player, some qualities to look for in a good team player are:
1. Ability to understand your role: There’s no “I” in team so understanding your position and responsibilities are important to maintain team cohesion.
2. Ability to welcome collaboration: Working well with others and being able to share different skillsets and talents is a strong advantage to team collaboration.
3. Ability to hold yourself accountable: When one succeeds in a team, all succeed. Similarly, if a mistake is made own it, learn from it, and move forward.
4. Ability to be flexible: Things don’t always go to plan so being able to be adaptable is essential.
5. Ability to have a positive attitude: There’s no place for a “Negative Nancy.” Teams are most successful when the members within the team lift each other up and not tear each other down.
6. Ability to commit to a team: Showing dedication to the team will result in a better more trusting relationship.
Additionally, there’s always room for improvement. If you’re looking for ways to improve as a team member – try some of the options outlined in the 6 Qualities That Make a Great Team Player.
Ask if a team member needs help, listen when a team member is speaking, communicate with others, and be respectful and supportive. Celebrate the little wins that you and your team have achieved together. After all, teamwork makes the dream work!
If you’re interested in learning more or looking for ways to build peer-to-peer relationships through employee engagement, contact a Marketing Innovators specialist today.